Restaurant Waiting Staff
Full time, experienced, food service staff are currently required in ahead of our busy ‘off peak’ season, going into our very busy Christmas time. Committed, reliable, people are needed to fit in to our friendly & professional restaurant team!
You will require a desire to learn and work with the team to continue our efforts to further ‘raise the bar’ in the positive experience we deliver to our guests. The position involves all aspects of the day to day operations of a busy, high standard, hotel restaurant. This will include breakfast, lunch, dinner, conference & events work, serving foreign nationals and other duties.
The current available position would suit someone who has experience in a similar hotel or restaurant.
Hours & Remuneration:
Full-time positions are available.
The successful candidate must be flexible, and expect to work a share of week ends, public and bank holidays, including Christmas & New Year.
Remuneration is National Minimum Wage.
Key Activities & Requirements:
1) Positive pro-active approach, Smiley & sociable personality– high standard of personal hygiene, Dignity & posture, Adaptability – Ability to cope with change. Confidence, confident body language & Self-esteem
2) Interest in customers – desire to anticipate needs & please. Good standard of spoken English Language & Basic Mathematics. Loquaciousness coupled with Unobtrusiveness. Approachable – Ability to build rapport & memorize customer’s requirements. Communication skills –& Active listening
3) Physically fit to work standing for long periods of time & move quickly between tasks. Ability to work late evenings – followed by early breakfasts, throughout the week. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations. Ability to carry large trays / quantities of crockery
4) Desire to be trained & progress, Pride in work standards, Perception of standards – attention to detail, Interest in food & beverage – desire to continue in the industry, F & B product knowledge
5) Speaking & listening – conveying and receiving information with members of the team, communicating information through basic writing. Work on own initiative. Ability to follow instruction. Social Awareness – understanding others motivations & reactions. Delegation skills.
6) Self discipline. Punctuality. Time-management – prioritising tasks
Applications for the position should be made to Matt Livingstone (Restaurant Manager) by email to email@example.com
Please attach an up to date CV and/ or Covering Letter stating whether you are looking for part or full time.