Job Description Sous Chef
You will report directly to the executive chef, and stand in for the executive chef when needed and assist them in resolving any problems that may arise on the job.
You must possess the ability to quickly and authoritatively delegate job tasks to a large team and be able to draw upon your previous experience to effectively coach and mentor junior chefs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essentially, you will be responsible for planning and directing food preparation in the kitchen. This will involve a large degree of supervising other kitchen staff, as well as keeping an eye out for problems that may arise and be able to seize control of a situation at a moment’s notice. You will be working ‘hands on’ and be very involved in the preparation, cooking and presentation of the food before handing over the finished product for service.
Key Accountabilities of the position
- Running of the kitchen on a day to day basis in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Lead and inspire the brigade to ensure the kitchen runs smoothly at all times
help develop the junior chefs.
- Ensure consistency of produce throughout the kitchen.
- Supervise service ensuring presentation of food is compliant with restaurant standards.
- Assist the Head Chef in menu compilation and possess an in depth knowledge of the full menu.
- Support the management team to ensure targets are met with labour and food costs.
- Compliance with food labelling and temperature controls, food hygiene and all other Health and Safety aspects of a busy kitchen
- In the Executive chefs absence you will be responsible for staff scheduling
The ideal candidate will
Have previous experience working in a similar role.
Demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills.
Be able to work effectively as part of a team whilst undertaking a leadership role.
Identify ways to improve profitability.
Be able to demonstrate an up to date and in depth understanding of the industry.
Continually strive to achieve personal goals and objectives.
Lead by example and offer clear direction to team.
Be uncompromising in achieving company standards.
Communicate relevant business information regularly, efficiently and concisely to their team.
Builds effective and constructive relationships
To be negotiated
Please send your C.V’s to Chef;