Essential skills and qualities
Good team supervision and training skills
IT Skills – a good knowledge of Excel and Word
At least one year supervising a team
Must be able to plan and organise, making the most of opportunities, and managing threats.
Adept at the behind the scenes management of a Property Management System for example Hotel Perfect, Alacer, Micros etc
Desirable skills and qualities
Qualifications in trainer skills, tele sales and team management.
We will be shortlisting, successful applicants will be required to attend first and second interviews.
The successful applicant will be required to start by mid to late June at the latest.
If you have applied and have not heard by 10th May 2013, unfortunately on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.
Key areas of responsibility and accountability
Responsible to Reception Manager for all personnel and day to day actions
Responsible to Sales Manager for reservations and yield optimisation
Areas of responsibility/action/KPIs
- Managing the team from Reservations Office – Front of House as and when required, mainly in the Reception Manager’s absence
- Ensure successful communication within the team
- Ensuring reciprocal communication between the team and other departments within the hotel.
- Responsible for Reservations customer journey – Reservation to check in.
- Sales of the right room, to the right guest, at the right price
- Upsell of products and services – dinner, spa etc.
- Obtain payment as and when appropriate, prior to arrival
- Correct administration and communication to ensure all information and paperwork is provided to reception accurately, for a fault free check in.
- Supervise and mentor team to achieve optimum sales results
- Action reservations training and follow up to ensure knowledge
- Responsible for our offering of products and services availability, in liaison with the Sales Manager
- Either in person, or via team delegation, responsible for the following:
- Daily tasks including
- Reservation checks
- 3rd party close-outs
- Keeping websites up to date with availability
- Ad hoc tasks/projects – as required
- Sales and Administration of Groups and Tours
- Whilst reservationists should be trained to take a reservation; it is the responsibility of the Reservations Supervisor to audit tours to ensure success from sale to payment collection.
- Sales and Administration of Special Events where there is a strong emphasis on room reservations, such as:
- Christmas Party Nights Valentine’s Christmas and New Year
- Database projects to be completed by team
- Keeping the database up to date
- Ensure multiple records are cleansed
- Amend records where necessary prior to mail shot
- Daily tasks including
The successful candidate must be flexible, and expect to work a share of week ends, public and bank holidays, including Christmas & New Year.
Working 5 days out of seven on a rota basis, shifts are a mix of Early, Late and Middle.
Remuneration is dependant on experience.