POSITION TITLE: Leisure Club/Spa Attendant/Masseuse
LOCATION: PENVENTON PARK HOTEL
DEPARTMENT: Health & Leisure Spa
SALARY: Minimum wage – Attendant
Separate payment negotiations for
RESPONSIBLE TO: Leisure Club Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: N/A
To ensure the safe supervision and cleanliness of the Health & Leisure Spa facilities.
- Supervise the swimming pool and associated facilities in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Supervise the use of the facility including staff users and customers, in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Required to perform Massage as and when required
- Ensuring all SOP’s are followed correctly and efficiently.
- Assist swimmers in difficulty, applying first aid where necessary.
- Following all membership enquiries and signing up new members following the correct sales process.
- Carry out and allocate cleaning duties as directed.
- Assist with the general maintenance of the facility including filtration, disinfection, mechanical and electrical plant as directed.
- Report any major maintenance issues following the correct reporting procedure.
- Attend staff training on a regular basis.
- Maintaining high standards on a daily basis.
- Contribute to the performance of the Team through the annual appraisal and team meeting processes.
- Ensure that the Health & Leisure Spa offers customer focused service and strives to be innovative in its search for continuous improvement.
- Deliver outstanding customer service whilst handling all enquiries, complaints and customer requests.
- Contribute to and help promote positive communication across the organisation, constructive relationships and effective staff feedback methods.
- Comply with the Hotel policies and procedures.
- Perform any other relevant activities decided upon by the Hotel Management.
The person appointed is expected to have:
- An understanding of the hospitality industry.
- A minimum of 3 GCSE’s or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
- Masseuse qualified. Qualifications in Beauty an advantage but not necessary
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills and a sense of humour.
- Commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility, and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- An ability to work constructively and professionally with other staff and to establish a good rapport with a range of client groups.
- A good telephone manner and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Good keyboard/typing skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft word and a willingness to learn new systems.
- A willingness to take part in development and training, both as a member of a team and as an individual.
- Physical resilience, as exemplified by an excellent health record, and the ability to stay positive, and meet deadlines, even when working under pressure.
- Self motivation
The work arrangement, to be agreed by the Leisure Club Manager will reflect the shift requirements of the position. The shift arrangements will include evenings and weekends and public holidays.
You are reminded of both the Hotels and your responsibility to comply with safe working practices, which will include attendance at training sessions. We will endeavour to arrange these sessions during your normal working hours but there will inevitably be occasions when this is impractical. Where this is the case, you will be given reasonable notice of the need for you to attend at time outside of your normal work pattern.