CHEF DE PARTIE
Reports to – Senior Head Chef
Senior Sous Chef
We are looking to recruit a talented and passionate Chef de Partie to assist in the effective running of a busy kitchen. You will be required to work consistently at a level that will deliver first class food for the restaurant at all times. We are looking for someone who can bring their own energy and enthusiasm to the kitchen, be self motivated and have a passion for seasonal, local and fresh produce. You will have a ‘can do’ attitude with an organised and flexible approach to work, be quality driven, be customer focused and above all passionate and professional. You will also be willing to learn and develop your skills. You will have at least 2 years previous experience in a similar position with a level 2/3 NVQ.
Main Purpose of the Job
To prepare food to the specification ensuring consistency and quality at all times, store and label food in accordance with laid down procedures, ensure stock rotation and manage food waste. To assist with all conference, banqueting and private dining if required.
The hours of work will involve weekends, evenings, straight shifts and split shifts, hours are 40 per week but there is a requirement to work more in the month of December.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
- To ensure we deliver a high standard of food at all times ensuring all dishes are served at the correct portion size, quality and temperature and enforcing strict ticket times on service
- To ensure effective control of stock purchasing, receipt, storage, preparation and service with regard to quality, quantity and safety in accordance with the Senior Head Chef.
- To understand and be aware at all times of food costs and percentages and understand how daily departmental costs influence profit and loss results
- Maintaining a high level of food quality and production with the aim of exceeding our guest’s expectations.
- To monitor stock movement to ensure stock security
- To assist with the provision of training and development of departmental staff in kitchen procedures
- To ensure that knowledge of the product is maintained and communicated to all relevant personnel
- To work with the Senior/Junior Sous chef to ensure the mis en place is completed
- To report any maintenance issues to the Senior Head chef immediately
- To comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure that all statutory regulations are observed
- To be flexible and willing to help others in other sections at busy times if required
- To ensure that at all times cleanliness, food safety and all other Health and Safety matters are adhered to so as not to breach any legislative points within the Food Safety Act 1990 or the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- To undertake all other duties or requests commensurate with the post as and when directed by the Senior Head Chef, Senior Sous or Junior Sous
- To achieve and where possible exceed the budgeted food margin and ensure minimum kitchen wastage
- To maintain and constantly develop the finest selection of dishes that comprise the menus that the Company offer in conjunction with the standards laid down by the Company
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Proven experience in a similar position
- Passion and enthusiasm for food
- Self motivated
- Eye for detail
- You must be organised and comfortable working under pressure
- Must be able to use own initiative, work alone and as part of a team
- Flexible attitude in regards to working hours and ability to adapt to change
- Excellent time management
According to experience, to be negotiated.
How to apply
Please email your CV to LPascoe@penventon.com or send by post addressed to Laura Pascoe, Penventon Park Hotel, West End, Redruth, Cornwall, TR15 1TE or alternatively please call 01209 203135 between the hours of 10.00am and 12.00pm or 6.00pm and 7.00pm and ask for Ian or Tom
All applicants must have a proven right to work in the UK and the correct documents must be in place and available.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be added to or changed at any time, according to the requirements of the business.