This Georgian mansion hotel on the outskirts of Redruth in Cornwall, was built by and for John Pemberthy-Magor (1796-1862) a partner in the nearby brewing company which was later to become “Cornish Brewery”. His sons John (1830-1854) and Reuben (1831-1872) also lived at Penventon and ran the brewer in association with the Davey family of Redruth and Bochyn Manor, Helston.
From 1866 until 1892 Penventon House was owned by John Hayle JP County Magistrate and mine pursar.
For the next 51 years the house was owned by Sir Arthur Carkeek and was frequented by wealthy and titled families along with influential business associates. Elderly local people still have happy memories of the garden parties and tea treats, with bands and amusements, marquees and flags which were held in the grounds during this period.
Since the 1960′s the Penventon and it’s extensive grounds have been in the occupation of the Pascoe family who have given the Penventon a fine reputation as one of the most luxurious hotels in Cornwall.